[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (Jan 15, 2020)
Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Jan 15 16:22:41 UTC 2020
Update from today's call...
- Standing Topics
- recent build failures
- new Python module w/ hard dependency on Python 3 - this has been resolved, no follow up req'd
- Kata rpm issues - AR: Build team / Saul to look into a good way of avoiding this for all types of builds
- Kris: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/687400 - per Saul, it's dependent on the layered build stuff
- Scott will put a 'freeze' on the tools repo so he can get the layered build stuff in - will send a mail to the mailing list
- Request for Help
- Ansible bootstrap playbook error - <add info here>
- CentOS 8
- Saul, these are the areas we need to track...
- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/centos8-testing - this tracks the testing, overall status will be tracked here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-distro-other
- outstanding reviews
- general build status - ISO generation, bootability & installation summary
- status of dependencies - stuff that's traditionally upstream & not *yet* part of CentOS (e.g. Keystone, Barbican & their dependencies)
- we can build *an* ISO now, there are ~700 rpms, this is bootable in a basic sense, but can't run Ansible yet - need a staged plan to copmlete
- AR: Austin will send the view of what the staged plan will be for getting CentOS 8 sufficiently built & tested
- AR: Austin will send the list of *missing* rpms - i.e. the list of rpms that are in CentOS 7 but not currently in CentOS 8
- Austin expressed some concern re: building the srpm for kernel-rt (as opposed to just picking it up from somewhere)
- AR: Austin will share concerns about building this srpm, seek input from community
- Austin also mentioned concerns about drbd - will add this to the staged plan
- Test Hack-a-Thon Update
- per Matt, there are ~18 open reviews across all the different areas
- some have merged already
- Al enabled PyLint for the tests folder
- Ceph Bluestore and software upgrade - Bruce
- storage team to map out a plan for Ceph upgrade
- Mid Cycle Meetup - date and location Mar 3rd Chandler AZ - Confirmed?
- poll the TSC about their ability to attend
- Flock Service Meetings
- Dariush will look to start these soon
- QCOW image
- this will be added to the agenda for the Build call in 2 weeks time
From: Zvonar, Bill
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:45 AM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: Community Call (Jan 15, 2020)
Hi all, reminder of the Community call coming up later today.
We'll get an update on the Test Hack-a-thon that's underway , and reminder that we added a new standing topic to talk about CentOS 8.
There are a couple of topics on the agenda  now, please feel free to add others.
 etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-status
 call details: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings#7am_PDT_.2F_1400_UTC_-_Community_Call
 meeting start time in various time-zones: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200115T1500
More information about the Starlingx-discuss