[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (Jan 15, 2020)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Jan 15 16:22:41 UTC 2020

Update from today's call...

- Standing Topics

    - Sanity
      - recent build failures
          - new Python module w/ hard dependency on Python 3 - this has been resolved, no follow up req'd
          - Kata rpm issues - AR: Build team / Saul to look into a good way of avoiding this for all types of builds

    - Reviews
      - Kris: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/687400 - per Saul, it's dependent on the layered build stuff
          - Scott will put a 'freeze' on the tools repo so he can get the layered build stuff in - will send a mail to the mailing list

    - Request for Help
      - Ansible bootstrap playbook error - <add info here>

    - CentOS 8
      - Saul, these are the areas we need to track...
          - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/centos8-testing - this tracks the testing, overall status will be tracked here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-distro-other
          - outstanding reviews
          - general build status - ISO generation, bootability & installation summary
          - status of dependencies - stuff that's traditionally upstream & not *yet* part of CentOS (e.g. Keystone, Barbican & their dependencies)
      - Austin
          - we can build *an* ISO now, there are ~700 rpms, this is bootable in a basic sense, but can't run Ansible yet - need a staged plan to copmlete
          - AR: Austin will send the view of what the staged plan will be for getting CentOS 8 sufficiently built & tested
          - AR: Austin will send the list of *missing* rpms - i.e. the list of rpms that are in CentOS 7 but not currently in CentOS 8
          - Austin expressed some concern re: building the srpm for kernel-rt (as opposed to just picking it up from somewhere)
          - AR: Austin will share concerns about building this srpm, seek input from community
          - Austin also mentioned concerns about drbd - will add this to the staged plan

- Test Hack-a-Thon Update
    - per Matt, there are ~18 open reviews across all the different areas
    - some have merged already
    - Al enabled PyLint for the tests folder
    - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-test-hackathon

- Ceph Bluestore and software upgrade - Bruce
    - storage team to map out a plan for Ceph upgrade

- Mid Cycle Meetup - date and location Mar 3rd Chandler AZ - Confirmed?
    - poll the TSC about their ability to attend

- Flock Service Meetings
    - Dariush will look to start these soon

- QCOW image
    - this will be added to the agenda for the Build call in 2 weeks time