[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX Matrix next steps and room structure

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 3 13:28:33 UTC 2023

On 2023-08-03 11:07:45 +0000 (+0000), Waines, Greg wrote:
> Are there instructions on how to setup Matrix account and join
> starlingx room ?
[...]

I don't think any of the StarlingX contributors have written that
documentation yet (at least not that I've seen). Previously I linked
to the documentation the Zuul contributors wrote letting their
newcomers know how to get on Matrix, but here it is again:

https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/latest/howtos/matrix.html

That and the follow-up documents linked at the end of it are
distributed under a free license (it's either Apache 2 or CC BY 3.0,
I just realized we don't clarify so I'll get that fixed). You can
find the reStructuredText source for them here if you want to fork
them to create some specific to StarlingX:

https://opendev.org/zuul/zuul/src/branch/master/doc/source/howtos

That said, it's pretty easy to muddle through without documentation.
Most places the Zuul materials simply link to the channel directly
like this:

https://matrix.to/#/#zuul:opendev.org

Following that link, users get options to view the channel
anonymously, log in or create a new account to be able to start
talking, and links to other clients if they don't want to do it
in-browser. Note that Matrix is itself a public network built
entirely on open source software, so has its own developer community
who publishes extensive documentation if you want to dig into
details:

https://matrix.org/

Hope that helps!
--