[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX App Deployment and Demo

Bruno Drugowick Muniz Bruno.Muniz at encora.com
Wed Sep 6 13:55:11 UTC 2023

Hello, StarlingX Community.

We want to share a work we've been doing in the past few weeks which now needs feedback from the Community.

Scenario: package a user application/workload that's not part of the StarlingX ecosystem to run on StarlingX.
Main objectives:
  - make it easier for newcomers to evaluate StarlingX with their workloads;
  - show some of the platform's capabilities.

Our idea is to center all this around a quick and easy-to-consume Demo<https://github.com/bmuniz-daitan/poc-starlingx-messages/blob/main/Demo.md> page, with some text and small video demonstrations for each important step. The main doc is complemented by (all still in progress):
  - a more detailed application Build Guide<https://github.com/bmuniz-daitan/poc-starlingx-messages/blob/main/BuildGuide.md>;
  - a single video with everything put together (might need captions to actually be helpful by itself): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvBomQANXlo.

It's important to understand that all the info that you'll find in the links above exists somehow either in https://docs.starlingx.io<https://docs.starlingx.io/>, https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX, or in the intangible place that I'll call "knowledge of the folks around the community" 🙂. It's not our intention to create yet another place to duplicate information, thus the repository linked above will be deleted at some point, but we needed a temporary place to organize all the info we gathered scattered around together with our own empiric tests.

Feel free to use the GitHub Issues<https://github.com/bmuniz-daitan/poc-starlingx-messages/issues>, reply to this message, or reach out to me on Matrix<https://matrix.to/#/@brunomuniz:matrix.org> to give your feedback. Everything is valid for us to better understand the needs of the community, from small enhancements/fixes to opinions on the format of the presentation or technical aspects of what is being done in this demo regarding the StarlingX platform itself. This won't make us sad or anything: the journey to get all this info together brought us a lot of knowledge about the platform, which is something we are already applying on our next endeavor with StarlingX.

Regards,
Bruno.