[Starlingx-discuss] Effort to make zuul linters happy

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 03:01:46 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 9:26 PM, Chen, Yan <yan.chen at intel.com> wrote:
> 1. check *.sh files under this project with bashate.
>   But we don't have shell file in this project, so the find cmd will return nothing and the bashate will fail.

If there are no shell scripts then we can skip the bashate run.

> 2. check *.yaml files with yamllint.
>   But in the cmd, it will find yaml files with "-name middleware/io-monitor/recipes-common/io-monitor/io-monitor/io_monitor/test-tools/yaml/*" which is not a right folder under this project. So it will always fail.

We should add an exception for paths like that to skip them.  The
yamllint check is useful to validate the Zuul config files.

> As most of the linters jobs in different projects are the same (copied as default), I guess we can fix them with one synced script.

They started from the same template, yes, and should be adjusted to
fit the requirements of the repo they are in.  The majority of the
shuffling of things around has settled down so this is a good time to
start looking at these, we still do need to be mindful of the WRS
backlog yet to me submitted, gratuitous formatting changes will cause
those to need to be rebased, so this should be done with that in mind.

The defined interface here is the tox environments, ie 'tox -e
linters' should always run an appropriate set of lint jobs for that
repo.  These should always be usable both in the CI jobs and locally.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com