[Starlingx-discuss] Meeting notes from today's project call

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Aug 15 14:58:11 UTC 2018

Agenda and notes from the 8/15 meeting

  *   Release note generation and process (Abraham)
o    Infra ready and in review in stx-tools.

  *   Bug tracking - launchpad?  Bugzilla? (Bruce)
o    Team agrees to start using LP.  No objections.
o    Bruce to work with Dean and Foundation Infra to spin it up

  *   October release planning - Please tag stories that you want in the release with stx.2018.10
o    Features and bugs should be covered
o    TLs for each project to triage and prioritize bugs, but have all the bugs been assigned to a team?  AR Bruce to make sure open bugs are tagged.
o    TLs for each project to triage their own bugs and report results to the list.

  *   What level of designer testing is done, before gerrit review is submitted ? (Dariush)
o    Make sure at a minimum that the code builds and the dev should make sure basic functional testing on an ISO is performed - does the new code at least get executed.
o    Unit tests should be part of code submissions.  As we build out Zuul infra those tests should be run per check in
o    Core Reviewers can/should ask about test status for code submissions.
o    Meanwhile our test infrastructure automation build-out is in progress and (long term) will help.

  *   Updates on previous meeting topics:
o    Influx DB SB entry updated with comments.  If the version is updated, the subsystem using it will need functional testing.
o    How should we handle CentOS 7.5 update?  Needs to be tested thoroughly but how?  Do we create a feature branch?  Cindy to work with Dean and "teach someone to fish", no objection to creating a branch for this.
o    Build instructions seem to be complete.  China Telecom has completed a build.

  *   Gerrit reviews are live for general project documentation, API documentation and release notes.  Info can be found on the Docs & Infra wiki page and the Release wiki page.  Docs team working on how to formally publish documentation.