[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Infrastructure Containerization Meeting - Dec 3rd

Miller, Frank Frank.Miller at windriver.com
Tue Dec 4 03:21:57 UTC 2018

Meeting minutes/agenda are captured at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-containerization

Team Meeting Agenda/Notes for Dec 3, 2018 meeting:
1. Overall project status
- Major building blocks (k8s, helm, armada, ceph, docker images build recipe, tie-ins ssyinv, initial helm charts) are in place
- Initial recipe is available to bring up AIO-SX and team achieved stability on AIO-simplex.
2. All-in-one Simplex:
   - Current status: Stability reached.
   - What remaining work is required to enable community member to bring up a single server config with containerized services?
     - Wiki to bring up containerized config (available off containerization page - not quite ready for community to try out)
     - Public docker setup: in-progress.  Expect better update next week and view to a forecast when can be made available.
     - Other items --> none identified, just need the above 2 items completed
3. All-in-one Duplex:
    - Status of CEPH on All-in-one Duplex config?
         CEPH code is up for gerrit review (4 commits), need to also test bringing up AIO-DX with --kubernetes option and run through integration
    - When can integration start for this config?
          Can start as soon as the CEPH gerrit reviews are complete and code is merged.
4. Dedicated storage config:
    - Current status: stability issues seen and being investigated/fixed:
      - Swact issues: Need https://review.openstack.org/#/c/621309/ , also with this fix still having issues after switching to new controller (some processes are not coming up, eg: ceph-mgr and patching-agent).  Prime: Bob Church
      - VIM: basic functionality now working (will eventually need to remove some of the manual steps)
    - Next steps for integration: Resume running through next set of tests.  Prime: Chris Friesen, Bob Church, Tyler Smith
5. Opportunities to contribute
   - Ramp on containerization, then try out wiki on All-in-simplex once it is ready.
   - 4 SBs created for folks to assist.  If interested please contact Frank or Brent and we'll review the SBs with you.
6. How should we track issues found during development and integration before we cutover the project to Containerization?
   - Should be tasks
   - Action: Create a main Integration SB and track issues under that SB.  Action: Frank to create SB --> Closed
   - Update: Integration SB created: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004520
7. Open Items:
   - Once we are ready for cutover, we'll need to update the Docs website with the updated procedure.  Plan to work with Abraham on how to achieve this.

Frank