[Starlingx-discuss] FW: Sanity Test - ISO 20181211

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:13:20 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 8:02 AM Cesar Lara <cesarlarag at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not entirely true, StarlingX has an update service so you can upgrade your deployment at any given time, I suggest you follow the stx-update project to get an idea of how that works.

I do not think that the process of creating update/upgrade packages is
documented publicly yet.  This service uses specifically built files
for this purpose, it does not use a later ISO build.

>  If you have a deployment based on the latest stable release you are good to go. These daily builds are getting patches and code for features that are not ready for production nor fully tested until the next release cycle. We are basically fixing bugs being introduced as part of the normal development process.

As I understand the process, updates to the internal package repo need
to be loaded onto the controller, then those updates can be schedules
out to the various nodes.  It is the creation of those updates that I
think we are missing here.  I am not aware of a documented way to take
a later ISO and apply that directly to achieve the same result.

I would love to be wrong about that...

dt

--

Dean Troyer