[Starlingx-discuss] [ Test ][ discussion ] Unified test framework

Cabrales, Ada ada.cabrales at intel.com
Fri Dec 21 22:59:15 UTC 2018

Hello,

   We currently have 2 testing frameworks proposed:

    - Robot [0]
	- Sanity check at Intel's premises is done using it
	- Deployment on virtual environment, and running the tests is automated.
	- ~200 tests automated so far.

    - PyTest [1]
	- used by Wind River for their testing
	- A big amount of test cases automated (Numan, can you provide a number?)

Both frameworks are similar, there must be some re-work required on one of the sides to align with the chosen one.
What I would like to have, is an informed decision, bringing the best impact to the project and thinking about the future, not only the current picture.

Even knowing these days are going to be quiet, I want to continue the conversation: which one best serves StarlingX?

Regards
Ada

[0] http://robotframework.org/
[1] https://docs.pytest.org/en/latest/