[Starlingx-discuss] Proposal: Basic development guidelines / rules

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Tue Jun 19 18:33:05 UTC 2018

Hi Bruce;

I think this is a good start.  I have a few comments and suggestions.  Eventually, we should add this to the StarlingX wiki.  The title is guidelines, but, you call out rules.  We should change the line items to guidelines or guidelines/rules.  Also, the guidelines/rules come across without context - what is the "why" for us to want to implement/follow these guidelines.  We should add the following introductory paragraph or some variant:

The following guidelines are offered to help us maintain an active, collaborative, innovative and inclusive project.  The guidelines are here to help us maintain focus and we understand in some case there will be exceptions, but, lets discuss the exceptions openly and while understanding the benefits and consequences.