[Starlingx-discuss] RFC: StarlingX release cadence proposal

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:25:44 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 7:51 PM, Hu, Yong <yong.hu at intel.com> wrote:
> Given we have a planning board, what would be the mechanism to vote the
> contents (stories) as the targets of monthly release or quarterly release?

To be clear, we don't really have a planning board.  There is no
official governance yet.  What we do have is consensus among the two
primary groups (Wind River and Intel) involved in the project before
the public release to continue our work openly in basically our
current fashion until we do have governance.

My brain parses that as our mechanism is now to have the discussions
here (on the mailing list) and in IRC to find the consensus for the
questions that come up, like the topic Bruce is raising in this
thread.

dt

P.S. We still have "the weekly meeting problem" (this is the call on
Wednesday evening UTC that Bruce refers to) that has yet to be solved.
The transition from the current practice to a new one is not going to
be instant and I think we can learn a lot from the experiences of
other communities (contrast current OpenStack and Kubernetes practices
for example) but in the end I fear we will have to learn these lessons
the long way around.

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com