[Starlingx-discuss] RFC: StarlingX release cadence proposal

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:39:33 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 8:57 AM, Hu, Yong <yong.hu at intel.com> wrote:
> For example, probably before kicking off the discussion, we need to create a "story" in which we at least describe what the requirement is about and why we need it.

That is a good idea particularly if it is a large feature.
Storyboard, ether pad, wiki are all possibilities to put these, each
with advantages and disadvantages.[0]

Just posting here is also valid, this list is logged and links to a
specific message are easy to get.[1]

I personally think etherpad is a great way to start out for
brainstorming or notes from an in-person or IRC discussion,
particularly when working in near-real-time (design summit/forum
sessions are a great example here). Once an idea has solidified moving
it to a more permanent and discoverable location is good (wiki, SB,
review).  Even though etherpad is backed up and they exist "forever"
they are intentionally not indexed or discoverable and the history
isn't the easiest thing to dig through.  There are other ways that
suit other people or situations better.

dt

[0] I've found by experience that large features generate a
small-to-modest amount of discussion while we (developers) are capable
of bike shedding a small thing to death.
[1] start here: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com