[Starlingx-discuss] [Build] Question about meta_patches

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Mon Nov 5 15:47:40 UTC 2018

Not just the spec file, but any other files not in the upstream
tarball.  E.g. centos specific config files.

1) It works for srpms from all sources.  Including those that don't
publish a git of their spec files and other meta-data.

2) It yields a very clean boundary between what was 'ours' and what was
'others'.  Made the lawyers happy.

3) Before we switched to the 'repo' tools, we had to keep all repos
using a common branch name.  This created a strong incentive to keep the
number of gits to a minimum.