[Starlingx-discuss] [glance] Analysis of patch daacf12 (Validate image properties) for StartlingX upstreaming

Fang, Liang A liang.a.fang at intel.com
Mon Nov 12 08:02:27 UTC 2018

Hi Kristine

Please refer to https://review.openstack.org/#/c/616873/
This patch is to add checks for extra_properties when creating image. I want to abandon this patch, because:

1.       The properties to be checked are Starlingx specific, so it's not suitable to hard code these check in common code.

2.       Glance provided a mechanism (property_protections & policy) to check extra_properties, by adding rules in policy.json

3.       If the check is too complex and policy.json cannot do this job, then it should be the property owner's responsibility to do the check before sending to glance. Glance is just like a DB to store these properties. The user is the owner (such as nova, cinder, etc).

Do you have any comments? Please correct me if I have misunderstand something. Thanks.

Regards
Liang