[Starlingx-discuss] [Build] Create mechanism to publish tarballs in StarlingX

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Mon Nov 26 16:52:44 UTC 2018

Thanks Scott,

> Would we want to publish tarballs on mirrors.starlingx.cengn.ca as part
> of the build process?

Yes, another path to go:

[ Hosting Site ]

Everyone: Pros? Cons?

1. tarballs.starlingx.io
2. mirrors.starlingx.cengn.ca

Then let me put high level [ Zuul ] implementation on hold and focus for now
on how to reach our rephrased [ Objective ]:

"Create a new job to create tarballs from stx projects in our path to have
a build system architecture for Multi OS"

Everyone? Is this a reasonable objective for this story?

> Tarball would be updated nightly, rather than with every update as a
> zuul based solution would have it.
>
> e.g.
> http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/<branch>/centos/<timesta
> mp>/outputs/tarballs/<repo-name>-<branch>.tar.gz
>
> or only publish the latest on branch... an in a structure more like that
> seen in http://tarballs.openstack.org ...
>
> http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/tarballs/<repo-
> name>/<repo-name>-<branch>.tar.gz

I am taking your feedback to line up the following 2 procedures:

- Build Process
  - Updates every night
- Zuul
  - Updates every change merged

Everyone: Pros? Cons? Future Limitations?