[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Networking Weekly Meeting -- 10/18

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Oct 18 17:03:12 UTC 2018

Meeting agenda/minutes are captured at:

Team Meeting Agenda/Notes - Oct 17/2018
*        Upstreaming Status Updates

  *   Vlan trunk (ba9d9f60): admin_state_up behavior in attached email (Huifeng)
?  Recommendation is to abandon the bug and align with upstream behavior.

  *   1e9a089 in attached email (Huifeng)
?  Recommendation is to abandon the bug since it is not required for network qos_policy_id enforcement

  *   a38f899 in attached email (Kailun) and 4 patch (2 RFE and 2 bugs) upstreaming status
?  Core reviewers required to move reviews forward

  *   OVS-DPDK firewall. (Kailun)
?  Functionality available in OVS to handle CT states for 'openvswitch' firewall driver
?  Performance testing required
?  Matt to send code reference to stx-config firewall driver configuration

  *   4ae5a58: latest status @https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1793653 (Chenjie); 9f926a5: RFE draft under internal review and depends on 4ae5a58 (Chenjie).
?  Matt to review bug report comments and RFE

  *   e547a7e, ebd41fd: patch reworked according to comments from core reviewer (Chenjie)
*        Update the master spreadsheet with the missing neutron repo's

  *   Derek is working with Dean to get the list of commits for the repo's in order to add them to the spreadsheet

  *   4 repo's are currently missing:
?  https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-networking-bgpvpn
?  https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-networking-sfc
?  https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-networking-odl
?  https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-ryu
*        Adding Co-Authored-By on reviews -- email sent to Forrest

  *   Reviewed the process with team and agreed to start adding WR co-authors for the neutron

  *   Recommended Process
?  The Intel prime looks up the original author in the WR patch
*        Ghada can help identify authors when needed
?  The Intel prime adds the original author as a co-author in the gerrit review
*        Co-Authored-By: Name <email-address>
?  The Intel prime also adds the original author and Matt Peters as a review of the gerrit review
*        Containerized Openstack

  *   Specs are in progress: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/projects:openstack/stx-specs

  *   Storyboard Container Stories: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/search?tags=stx.containers

  *   Joseph Richard (WR) is currently working on neutron helm chart overrides
?  Chart Override Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/609849/
?  Once the neutron code is ready, we will add Ruijing to the gerrit review

  *   There is currently no plan for ovs-dpdk to be running in a container
?  Rationale for deferring:
*        Kubernetes / Docker does not currently handle several host level properties / resources that are required for DPDK based applications:
o   Hugepages - actively being worked in the K8S community
o   CPU Isolation and Pinning - isolcpus is a kernel level option that isn't exposed to individual containers
o   Device Plugins - NIC resource assignments to Pods - currently depends on SRIOV PF CNI
o   NUMA topology - NIC and CPU awareness for Pod scheduling
o   Kernel Modules - Generally kernel module loading, but also specifically VFIO and IOMMU support

  *   No other immediate networking work items are needed. Ghada to keep the team in the loop on what is happening with respect to networking.

Ghada Khalil, Manager, Titanium Cloud, Wind River
direct 613.270.2273  skype ghada.khalil.ottawa
350 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 200, Kanata, ON K2K 2W5

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/attachments/20181018/a343d327/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list