[Starlingx-discuss] Pre-Submission / Pre-Gerrit Testing

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Tue Sep 4 01:02:08 UTC 2018

From: Jones, Bruce E [mailto:bruce.e.jones at intel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:58 AM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: [Starlingx-discuss] Meeting notes from today's project call

<snip>

  *   What level of designer testing is done, before gerrit review is submitted ? (Dariush)
o   Make sure at a minimum that the code builds and the dev should make sure basic functional testing on an ISO is performed - does the new code at least get executed.
o   Unit tests should be part of code submissions.  As we build out Zuul infra those tests should be run per check in
o   Core Reviewers can/should ask about test status for code submissions.
o   Meanwhile our test infrastructure automation build-out is in progress and (long term) will help.

[[GK]] I added the above points to this wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/CodeSubmissionGuidelines so that it's available to any new team members.