[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] Setting up the docs.starlingx.io website

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:38:38 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 9:30 AM, Arce Moreno, Abraham
<abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com> wrote:
> What is the difference between .zuul.yaml in each repo and project.yaml from
> openstack-infra/project-config [0] ?

Primarily that project-config is shared by all of OpenStack Infra and
centrally managed, while .zuul.yaml is in the project repo and can be
easily maintained within the project team directly.

>> >   [Doc] Release Notes Management
>> >   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/599454/
>>
>> I've pushed up https://review.openstack.org/599831 to run the docs and
>> relnotes build jobs to see what they looks like.
>> >   [Doc] OpenStack API Reference Guide
>> >   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/590097/
>>
>> I don't have any first-hand experience with this and will come back to it...I
>> imagine it will be very similar to the above job-wise.
>
> Based on OpenStack API documentation [1]:
>   "Add the api-ref-jobs template..."
>
> Working now in taking your changes into stx-ha including api-ref-jobs.

Like I suggested earlier, let's get one set of these worked out first
then fan out to the repos as required.  It will kepp all of the
discussion in one place and avoid re-working if/when things change
before we are happy with the first one.

Also, be careful about blindly adopting OpenStack job templates, some
of them include the publishing jobs that we are unable to use, we need
to define our own, which has started but none are merged yet.  This is
why I've called build-openstack-releasenotes directly in [0] rather
than the upstream template, as I did with
build-openstack-sphinx-docs-python3, which does not include any
publish jobs.

dt

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/599831/5/.zuul.yaml

--