[Starlingx-discuss] build-pkgs cannot complete std build

Cordoba Malibran, Erich erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com
Thu Sep 27 21:48:09 UTC 2018

Hi,

I did this experiment:

I cherry pick all the defuzzed patches and try to build. The result was
that the build failing packages now are:

libvirt-python-4.7.0-1.tis.1.src.rpm  vm-topology-1.0-
1.tis.src.rpm  libvirt-4.7.0-1.tis.22.src.rpm

which basically is just libvirt, the other ones are just depending on
libvirt. Checking the build.log for libvirt:

Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/libvirt-4.7.0/src'
BUILDSTDERR: make[2]: *** No rule to make target `keycodemapdb/data/keymaps.csv', needed by `util/virkeycodetable_linux.h'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/libvirt-4.7.0/src'
BUILDSTDERR: make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/libvirt-4.7.0'
BUILDSTDERR: make: *** [all] Error 2
RPM build errors:
BUILDSTDERR: error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Chutrp (%build)
BUILDSTDERR:     Macro expanded in comment on line 2067: %{_datadir}/systemtap/tapset/libvirt_probes*.stp
BUILDSTDERR:     Macro expanded in comment on line 2068: %{_datadir}/systemtap/tapset/libvirt_qemu_probes*.stp
BUILDSTDERR:     Macro expanded in comment on line 2069: %{_datadir}/systemtap/tapset/libvirt_functions.stp
BUILDSTDERR:     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Chutrp (%build)
Child return code was: 1

So, this is a new failure, but the problem stuck in ceph wasn't present
in this execution. Should be noticed that only one attempt of build-
pkgs was needed to get here.

-Erich