[Starlingx-discuss] build-pkgs cannot complete std build

Jim Somerville jim.somerville at windriver.com
Thu Sep 27 22:27:36 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-27 05:48 PM, Cordoba Malibran, Erich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did this experiment:
>
> I cherry pick all the defuzzed patches and try to build. The result was
> that the build failing packages now are:
>
> libvirt-python-4.7.0-1.tis.1.src.rpm  vm-topology-1.0-
> 1.tis.src.rpm  libvirt-4.7.0-1.tis.22.src.rpm
>
> which basically is just libvirt, the other ones are just depending on
> libvirt. Checking the build.log for libvirt:
>

> Making all in src
> make[2]: Entering directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/libvirt-4.7.0/src'
> BUILDSTDERR: make[2]: *** No rule to make target `keycodemapdb/data/keymaps.csv', needed by `util/virkeycodetable_linux.h'.  Stop.

Hi Erich,

Check your stx/downloads directory, what version of keycodemapdb do you
have in there?  You need keycodemapdb-16e5b07.tar.gz which you should
have received via the change to stx-tools/centos-mirror-tools/tarball-dl.lst

-Jim

> make[2]: Leaving directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/libvirt-4.7.0/src'
> BUILDSTDERR: make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/libvirt-4.7.0'
> BUILDSTDERR: make: *** [all] Error 2
> RPM build errors:
> BUILDSTDERR: error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Chutrp (%build)
> BUILDSTDERR:     Macro expanded in comment on line 2067: %{_datadir}/systemtap/tapset/libvirt_probes*.stp
> BUILDSTDERR:     Macro expanded in comment on line 2068: %{_datadir}/systemtap/tapset/libvirt_qemu_probes*.stp
> BUILDSTDERR:     Macro expanded in comment on line 2069: %{_datadir}/systemtap/tapset/libvirt_functions.stp
> BUILDSTDERR:     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Chutrp (%build)
> Child return code was: 1
>
> So, this is a new failure, but the problem stuck in ceph wasn't present
> in this execution. Should be noticed that only one attempt of build-
> pkgs was needed to get here.
>
> -Erich
>

> On Thu, 2018-09-27 at 11:21 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:
>>
>> On 09/26/2018 09:16 AM, Scott Little wrote:
>>> aclocal 'too many loops' has been popping up sporadically for a
>>> week or
>>> two now.  Possibly 7.5 related.
>>>
>>> I suspect that there is a build order and/or race condition element
>>> this.   It often goes away if you just run build-pkgs a second
>>> time.
>>>

>> I am seeing this failure also, but it does not go away after a
>> second
>> rebuild.  I have the lastest stx-root (build-tools) with the recent
>> patches.
>>
>> Is this directly related to the fuzz issue or is there something else
>> we
>> need to address in CEPH itself.
>>
>> This is blocking my local build.
>>
>> Sau!
>>
>>> The second possible element is that build-pkgs is using flags that
>>> preserve the mock environment between packages.  The goal was to
>>> avoid
>>> reinstalling required packages that are often common across the
>>> packages
>>> we build.   It was a build time speedup that has been in use for 2-
>>> 3
>>> years now without incident.
>>>
>>> Google shows that other folks have hit 'aclocal too many loops' as
>>> well,
>>> and there are suggestions that it might be fixed in a recent update
>>> automake.  Scanning the changelog for the latest and greatest from