[Starlingx-discuss] Performance Footprint Metrics phase 0 (update)

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 20:51:03 UTC 2019

Thanks for sending this out Victor! Overall I think this is a great place
to start. :)

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 3:25 PM Victor Rodriguez <vm.rod25 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi STX team
>
> This is the follow-up mail to share with the community the test case
> presented yesterday on the community call meeting. This test case responds
> to phase 0 on our goal to have a test framework (using existing tools ) to
> measure performance metrics on StarlingX project.
>
> This very basic script only has the scope o measure the footprint of STX
> host system ( users can decide if it is a controller or a node )
>
> This test case was presented yesterday, here are the slides:
>

> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nr12zDRXf34kpjiA0LsFLU8GIpMY8Y-H2zmiC96CD4A
>
> The source code of the test has been updated in tools-contrib repository:
>
> https://github.com/starlingx-staging/tools-contrib

It's great to see that repo already in use. There are some things in there
that I can already use from the autodeploy work. Very helpful.

> The list of TODO things for this test case ( and framework ) is here:
>
> Please feel free to add as many requests as we have as a community.
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx_performance_feedback

I added a couple comments to that etherpad.
Thanks,
Curtis

Blog: serverascode.com