[Starlingx-discuss] Association of unused OSDS to storage

Martinez Monroy, Elio elio.martinez.monroy at intel.com
Tue Apr 9 18:44:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

The scenario requires the association of unused OSDs to a storage tier. For this, the test creates a storage tier in a ceph cluster, which I do and consult this way in CLI:

[cid:image002.png at 01D4EEDA.52761AA0]

Next, the test requires the list of OSDs already created in association with a disk, of which I then take a disk with enough available space to create an OSD into:

[cid:image003.png at 01D4EEDA.52761AA0]

However, in Horizon, I am able to see and create partitions and OSDs in the host detail page for the host that I am modifying here:
[cid:image004.png at 01D4EEDA.52761AA0]

But the only place where I am able to see the storage tiers and clusters is in the Storage Overview tab under Platform, and I am unable to modify anything from it within this page:

[cid:image005.png at 01D4EEDA.52761AA0]

My question would be regarding where else I could find the option to create the storage tier within the ceph_cluster in Horizon, and if there is no way to do it from Horizon, if I could create the tier through CLI commands and then update the OSDs through Horizon instead.

[cid:image001.png at 01CF8BAC.3B4C5DD0]      Martinez Monroy, Elio.
                       QA Engineer.