[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (April 24, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Apr 24 15:03:09 UTC 2019

Notes from our call today...

Weekly Calls During the Summit (Ildiko)
- Denver is on Mountain Time
- some sessions that Ildiko would like to offer Zoom account for
- per Cindy, China will be off W/Th/Fri next week
     - non Distro OpenStack will be cancelled
- per Bruce, the Distro OpenStack
- will keep the Community Call for next week
- Ildiko will send out the list of when she'd like to use the bridge, Bill will help sort out which calls will happen or not

OSF Lounge Shared Project Booth (Ildiko)
- sign-up sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ph5neMyLBFtl50hTwXfluZNFFWVF4EIu0a2cY-wHPO4/edit#gid=0
- use this to reserve your slot, if you want one (demos, office hours, whatever)

StarlingX Supporters Page (Ildiko)
- it's at https://www.starlingx.io/supporters/
- we talked about updating it in about a month - should have some new ones soon (FiberHome)
- Bruce: we have a few (and hopefully more soon!) new contributors for the project
      - I'd like to suggest that we consider forming a "first contact" SIG consisting
        of community members who can help new contributors learn how to contribute
        effectively to the project.
      - this was prompted by new commits that came out of the Hackathon in China last week
- Bill & Bruce to discuss offline - what are the logical next steps

Zuul Slowness (Brent)
- per Brent, Zuul was quite slow yesterday, some Zuul jobs were taking 4 hours
- Dean said Zuul got overloaded yesterday, seemed to be an anomaly (they don't know what the issue actually was)
- Don asked what the value is of the DevStack part of what Zuul runs
- Dean said the DevStack jobs' contribution to the Zuul time is ~1%
       - they do run a build & install process, so there's some value
       - the primary value is still to come, as we add API tests
- Brent mentioned that this will be discussed during the PTG (re: Unit Testing)
- Dean mentioned that if anyone wants to talk to him, just reach out to him

Packet.com SIG (Curtis)
- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-packet-sig
- looking to setup a meeting time, and can discuss more at PTG

Sub-Project Updates

Release (Bill/Bruce)
- reached agreement on the new release dates in last week's TSC
- bug count continues to go up, some discussion on that

Containers (Frank)
- working through sanity issues
- Ada's team seeing them too, Frank's team will help triage with Ada's team

Security (Victor/Bruce)
- a couple of CVEs in flight, build related issues
- one CVE reported on Oct release - Security team will discuss, we are not obligated to fix

Ceph Upgrade (Vivian)
- not out of the woods yet, very close
- all patches have been uploaded, test team has found some bugs (at least one)
- working to fix these before merging, and then sanity

CentOS Upgrade (Cindy)
- QAT upgrade - working through it

Networking (Forrest)
- no update

Docs (Michael/Bruce)
- team has been working on deployment & installation guides
- looking for help, if anyone can provide
- Victor asked: how do we document HW-specific features?
   - Curtis: agree that we need to
   - Dean/Bruce: put it in the Wiki, we'll make a formal doc of it if warranted

Build (Cesar/Scott)
- no update

Test (Ada/Numan)
- working through feature test
- reviewed the regression test plan
- working through changes so our testcases can be run in the public (Robot & Pytest)

Multi-OS (Cesar/Victor)
- Victor: what is necessary for the POC to be moved forward as an accepted STX project & no longer a POC
- Brent: let's discuss during the PTG, it's on the list to discuss for R3
- Victor raised a concern about some workarounds they need to employ - will send an email

Distro.OpenStack (Bruce)
- a number of reviews are out for review
- most aren't moving forward since Nova folks are prepping for their PTG