[Starlingx-discuss] How to update an installed image

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Apr 24 15:05:33 UTC 2019

On 4/24/19 5:50 AM, Wensley, Barton wrote:
> Victor,
>
> StarlingX has two mechanisms for updating software on a running system:
> - updates (also known as patching): This allows the user to build an updated version of a set of RPMs, bundle them into a patch file and apply them to a running system. We are also working on an update mechanism for containerized applications, which will allow new versions the docker images for an application to be deployed to a running system.
Is this process being used to build patches between the daily/weekly
builds? Can we even patch between these?  If I understand this uses the
"smart" package manager, or is that for the upgrade process?

I understand that there is not yet a process for updating the
containers, is there a specification being worked on for describing how
the containerized applications will be updated?

Sau!