[Starlingx-discuss] Agenda: Weekly Containerization Meeting Monday April 29

Rowsell, Brent Brent.Rowsell at windriver.com
Tue Apr 30 03:29:49 UTC 2019

Victor,

See inline

Brent

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Rodriguez [mailto:vm.rod25 at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 9:43 AM
To: Miller, Frank <Frank.Miller at windriver.com>
Cc: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: Re: [Starlingx-discuss] Agenda: Weekly Containerization Meeting Monday April 29

Hi Frank

I am in charge of the track of performance and footprint of the STX systems

Due to the fact that this bug was a footprint issue I was wondering if should discuss on the meeting on what stages and part of the STX do you want me to track the memory footprint

Also, I have a question regarding the chance to set up -m to each docker image so we can limit the amount of memory of each one. One of the experiments we did las Friday debugging the issue was that if we set -m and the system has SWAP it will take memory from there and keep running since we in STX do not have swap the containers fails from starvation.
[BR] Enabling SWAP in general is not an option for performance reasons. On top of that it will not work with k8s.

Regards

Victor R