[Starlingx-discuss] [Bug] flavor "pci_passthrough:alias" should be required to passthrough physical NICs

Xu, Chenjie chenjie.xu at intel.com
Thu Aug 1 07:35:56 UTC 2019

Hi Matt,

Based on my testing, the flavor with property "pci_passthrough:alias" should be required for passing a physical NIC to the VM. But it should not be required for passing a VF to the VM. So I think the alias information should contain physical NICs which are configured with "pci-passthrough" by following command:
system host-if-modify -m 1500 -n pcipass -c pci-passthrough ${COMPUTE} ${IFUUID}
   system interface-datanetwork-assign ${COMPUTE} pcipass ${PHYSNET2}

Could you please let me know your opinions and leave a comment in the below bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1836682

Best Regards,
Xu, Chenjie