[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes from 12/12 TSC meeting

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Thu Dec 12 21:51:21 UTC 2019

Hi all;

12/12/2019:

Great progress on R3 - thanks to all the great work going on in the community

OSF annual report - input needed
	https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/2019_StarlingX_Annual_Update

Project confirmation:
	Story outline:
	Timeline chart - Major inflection points and highlights
	Maybe dashboard on criteria - see Shanghai update
	Supporting info for the criteria to back up our assessment
	Info on contributors
	Info on test initiatives
	leverage Shanghai chart deck.

Virtual hack-a-thon - for test? - Currently proposed for week of Jan 13th.
========================
Can we have a virtual hack-a-thon to improve test on StarlingX from Unit test to System testing
Tools we can or could leverage:
	- Potentially some video link ups - to make it feel like people are in the same room - Video Zoom sessions
	One channel open all the time - special IRC focus

Shark week concept - pick something - and do a demo at end of the week
	could turn into new initiatives
	a week is probably needed - or a contiguous block of time for people to focus on these items

Can we do something like this in early January?
	A good way to build some momentum, remove barriers and kick-start.
	Figure a way for various time zone to follow and stay in synch.
	Needs some planning to start it up - people need to pick topics, to avoid collisions and overlap
	Figure out good times to synch up as required as well.
	Get some input on the mailing list from the community.
	Get some dates - NA/China holidays - potential dates - are the first 2 weeks of January possible?
	Proposed dates the week of *January 13th*.
Please reply if you are interested in participating in this *hack-a-thon*.  This will help us assess interest and figure out how to plan this activity.

Let's try and lock in on this by next week's TSC call.

Regards;

Ian