[Starlingx-discuss] New docker0 interface enabled?

Javier Romero xavinux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:44:36 UTC 2019

Hi Juan Carlos,

After a Docker installationis finished, the Bridge interface *docker0* is
created by default and it's IP range is 172.17.0.0/16. But you can create
another network interfaces running *docker network create new_network_name *

If you want to change the *docker0 * settings, you can use the daemon.json
file in /etc/docker/

If the file is not their you can create it and specify some parameters like
the following for the bridge network:

{
  "bip": "10.10.10.5/24",
  "fixed-cidr": "10.10.10.5/25",
  "fixed-cidr-v6": "2001:db8::/64",
  "mtu": 1500,
  "default-gateway": "10.20.1.1",
  "default-gateway-v6": "2001:db8:abcd::89",
  "dns": ["10.20.1.2","10.20.1.3"]
}

Then restart Docker. Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

*Javier Romero*