[Starlingx-discuss] Python Based VBox Installer

Penney, Don Don.Penney at windriver.com
Mon Feb 25 15:49:21 UTC 2019

Things like the inadvertent inclusion of pyc files (which were already noted in multiple comments in the review) and missing license identifiers seem to be minor and easily correctable mistakes, and maybe not completely unexpected for a “new contributor”. As well, I had also noted in a review comment that this was a long-existing tool that was being published, referencing the email from Numan and asking for the commit message to be updated to explain this.

As well, note that this was an optional productivity aid. It does not impact the build, it does not impact any software. It is a tool to help people launch StarlingX in a VirtualBox environment, to aid them in installing and configuring the system. Nobody is required to use it.

With that said, the review had been given two -2 votes from cores. As I understand it, this is not a minor thing. From the openstack guidelines, a -2 “is to indicate to the submitter that any further time they spend on the change will almost certainly be wasted.” Having two -2 votes on the update is very significant, thus the decision to abandon the review. The openstack guidelines describing -1 and -2 votes seems pretty clear here:
https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/review-the-openstack-way.html#code-review-minus-2

Cheers,
Don.