[Starlingx-discuss] CENGN Build Aging

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 22:41:12 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 12:57 PM Young, Ken <Ken.Young at windriver.com> wrote:
> The build team has been discussing the frequency of the build and how long they are maintained on the Mirror.  Our initial ideas are capture here:

I think that generally looks good, thanks!

One clarification I have is with the release point builds.  Do I read
that right that if we have a 2019.05.1 release and then do a .2 the .1
would go away immediately?

As a user I would want to be able to get to my older install if I need
to re-create a deployment.  As a smart user I would have a local copy
but I'm not always a smart user :)  It is only because these are the
releases we expect people to actually use and depend on that I think
we need to be really conservative about removing them.

Think about our experiences with binary RPMs being replaced but we
still want a specific version.  This feels like the same issue only at
a higher layer.

dt

--

Dean Troyer