[Starlingx-discuss] CENGN Build Aging

Young, Ken Ken.Young at windriver.com
Tue Jan 8 00:49:51 UTC 2019

See inline.

On 2019-01-07, 5:41 PM, "Dean Troyer" <dtroyer at gmail.com> wrote:

    On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 12:57 PM Young, Ken <Ken.Young at windriver.com> wrote:
    > The build team has been discussing the frequency of the build and how long they are maintained on the Mirror.  Our initial ideas are capture here:

    I think that generally looks good, thanks!

    One clarification I have is with the release point builds.  Do I read
    that right that if we have a 2019.05.1 release and then do a .2 the .1
    would go away immediately?

    As a user I would want to be able to get to my older install if I need
    to re-create a deployment.  As a smart user I would have a local copy
    but I'm not always a smart user :)  It is only because these are the
    releases we expect people to actually use and depend on that I think
    we need to be really conservative about removing them.

    Think about our experiences with binary RPMs being replaced but we
    still want a specific version.  This feels like the same issue only at
    a higher layer.

That is not the intent.  Maybe I can make that clearer in the slides.  What I meant to say is that both loads are available at the same point in the timeline.  I could expose that as two lines both sitting in the same position.  Both loads are available until that *release* ages out.

    dt

    --

    Dean Troyer
    dtroyer at gmail.com