[Starlingx-discuss] Community meeting notes Jan 9 2019

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Jan 9 15:46:33 UTC 2019

Agenda and notes - Jan 9th call
*         Denver PTG attendance - May 1 - 3

  *   Need to submit space / time requests for the PTG meeting by Jan 20th
?  Edge WG to set a 1/2 day session to save time to work with other projects e.g. us

  *   Expected topics
?  Planning for the next release - 1 day?
?  Cross project collaboration - 1/2 day?
*         Please register for the January community meeting so we can get a count for logistics (meals, etc...):  https://starlingx_jan2019meetup.eventbrite.com<https://starlingx_jan2019meetup.eventbrite.com/>

  *   The draft agenda has changed: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-chandler-meetup

  *   Expectations of the presenters - show your plan for

  *   Release Planning Prep
?  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HUwbsaSerzFRuvXVB_qvoGdI0Chx1YiiA2WYHwvIoYI/edit#gid=0
?  Request Project Leads to fill as much as possible of their plan before the F2F next week
*         Conflicts next week for the Meetup meeting and existing sub-project calls.  We are cancelling all of these calls

  *   Tuesday 1400 UTC Distro.openstack call

  *   Tuesday 1700 UTC Test Team call

  *   Wednesday 1400 UTC Distro.other call

  *   Wednesday 1500 UTC Community call

  *   Wednesday 2030 UTC Docs call

  *   Monday and Thursday calls may be impacted due to travel as well
?  Multi-OS call will be cancelled due to travel
?  Container meeting will be cancelled due to travel
?  Security Meeting on Monday is cancelled
*         Creation of a Test repo (stx-test) - Ada to work with Dean

  *   Do we want a SB project for the test team too?
*         Creation of a SB project for specs?   Dean to submit and thank you!
*         Banned C function policy

  *   https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Security/Banned_C_Functions
*         Key work items in flight

  *   Kernel upgrade
?  Part of CentOS 7.6 upgrade.  Patches submitted to upgrade patches for std and rt kernel.  Patches for some out of tree drivers submitted.  Plan is to upgrade 49 sRPMS, 17 have been merged to feature branch.  Today we decided to abandon work to upgrade puppet modules not needed after containerizing OpenStack.  We are disabling Melanox driver support for DPDK until OVS supports the newer version.

  *   Ceph upgrade
?  Training this week to help the team ramp on how to change StarlingX to adapt to the new Ceph interfaces.

  *   Containerizer services
?  We now have a wiki for how to bring up containers on simplex.  Mingyuan has done this.  We have images on docker hub. Still a lot of work left on integration issues and feature development.  Looking for additional help, discussions on email happening now.

  *   OpenStack patch reduction
?  Continued good progress on Nova upstreaming with two changes merged recently
?  Intel team (Cindy) to take on PCI Interrupt Affinity
*         Intel still working on outsourcing agreement for several Nova items, getting closer to vendor selection
?  Progress tracked in a big spreadsheet
*         https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1udAtEpQljV2JZVs-525UhWyx-5ePOaSSkKD1CS27ohU/edit?usp=sharing