[Starlingx-discuss] Deployment Option

Alonso, Juan Carlos juan.carlos.alonso at intel.com
Fri Jan 18 16:31:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

Good that you could resolve config_controller issue.

I am not sure if you can avoid/skip extra configuration for hosts you don’t want during config_controller. I think you need to follow the installation steps normally but provision only the host you want to use.
Yesterday I asked to my team and it is possible to deploy 1 controller and 1 compute only, please refer to https://github.com/xe1gyq/starlingx/blob/master/ControllerStorage.md
To configure cinder on controller-0 you need to have a partition with space available to be added to cinder-volume. By default should be two partitions on each host, one with available space.

Regards.
Juan Carlos Alonso