[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (June 12, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Jun 12 15:26:07 UTC 2019

Notes & actions from today's Community call below.

Bill...

MS-3 is this week - release team meeting is Thursday

- stx.2.0 active stories
        - stx.2.0 active stories: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&project_group_id=86&tags=stx.2.0
        - 31 open / 16 are development related
- wrsroot
        - Numan's team started testing today, expecting to be done by end of day today or tomorrow
        - Saul said the build is ready for testing now, after he rebased
        - Numan's team will have to restart their testing to pick up the latest build
            - if they get the build tonight, they'll be able to finish tomorrow
        - Bart asked why we need to use the rebased build
        - since the rebase is a minor thing, we agreed to have Numan carry on with the current build

First Contact SIG

- good meeting last week, next one is next week (June 20), 30 minutes before TSC call
- lots of good ideas from Matt Oliver from the OpenStack FC SIG
- we'll start working on prioritizing & assigning First Contact work

Bugs

- incomplete status: reporters need to make the complete!
        - chase the originators & their managers/leads
        - Cindy: mark invalid after a period of time, or assign back to the Creator; maybe de-prioritize?
        - ACTION: Bill to chase the owners
- old gating bugs:
        - 34 that were opened before April 1
        - 61 before May 1
        - consider a 'too old' date, and just close anything opened before then?
        - Dean pointed out that sometimes things are no longer relevant due to design changes
             (e.g. config controller bugs since Ansible came in)
        - Bart & Dean suggested we should be talking about de-gating old bugs, not closing them - Bill agreed
        - ACTION: Bill to socialize with the owners that these should be the first to be removed from the gating list
        - Yong Hu & Ghada discussed
        - Cindy asked about the resolution forecast - Bill said he'd provide by next week's meeting
        - ACTION: Bill to reach out to the domain/team owners to provide incoming/outgoing data for the resolution forecast

Previous Actions

- bitergia
        - Bill following up with Thierry, the updates discussed last week are in progress
        - Scott/Dean provide github details to Thierry, per last week
- sanity
        - still not boring, oscillating between red & green
- big files
        - no update, we'll keep it in view
- draft new wiki home page
        - check it out & provide comments to Bruce: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Draft_new_wiki_home_page

PSA from Saul re: #! /usr/bin/env usage in python files

- some issues they've discovering with Multi-OS
- see Saul's email to the mailing list: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-June/004907.html