[Starlingx-discuss] stx.2.0 milestone-3 declared

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Sun Jun 23 11:36:51 UTC 2019

Great to see the MS3 achieved! Cheers!
- cindy

-----Original Message-----
From: Khalil, Ghada [mailto:Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 12:13 AM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: [Starlingx-discuss] stx.2.0 milestone-3 declared

Hello all,
This email announces that the stx.2.0 milestone-3 has been achieved.

As discussed in the community meeting on 06/19, the community agreed to declare the milestone once we have a good sanity.
The following load is green for both bare metal and virtual environment http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/master/centos/20190621T013000Z/outputs/iso/

The following exceptions were reviewed and agreed to previously:
- Containers code removal/cleanup (tasks in several stories) - Fcst: end of June
- API authentication for K8s platform (requires Armada upversion) - Fcst: TBD
- multiple cinder storage tiers - Fcst: Jun 21
- component rebases - Fcst: ongoing as needed until RC1

** Note: Story board cleanup is still in progress.

On behalf of the starlingx release team, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who contributed to this milestone.
Our next milestone in RC1 planned for August 5.

Regards,
Ghada

PS: Here is a reminder of code merge guidelines until RC1. This was discussed and sent out previously.
- Priority goes to stx.2.0 bug fixes and stx.2.0 MS-3 exceptions (above)
- For code unrelated to stx.2.0 (code for deferred items to stx.3.0, new stx.3.0 features, enhancements), only passive/disabled code should be merged in master until the stx.2.0 RC1 branch is created (Aug 5). We will leave it to the judgment of the technical leads and core reviewers to determine if code is safe to merge.  If you need an opinion, the release planning team is happy to help (myself, Bill and Bruce).