[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - May 23/2019
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Tue May 28 21:46:53 UTC 2019
Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
Release meeting agenda / notes May 23 2019
- Upcoming Milestones:
- MS-3: June 14
- Feature Test Complete: July 8
- stx.2.0 Dev Updates for MS-3
- Containerized Openstack services - Prime: Frank
- Code Merge: June 6 >> June 14 (with exceptions for cleanup stories)
- Overall 47 stx2.0 SBs of which 28 have merged/been accepted
- 19 SBs have not yet merged & been accepted:
- 3 are completed and will be accepted after some initial soak/test in next week
- 3 expected to complete by May 31 (Ironic, docker image updates)
- 5 expected to complete by June 7 (OVS, integration SBs)
- 1 expected to complete by June 14 (final helm chart overrides for nova and storage)
- 3 are cleanup/code removal SBs and may go into late June but are low risk tasks
- 4 are candidates to move to R3 (Containerization of Clients, Fault; remainder of CPU manager static policy, Backup and Restore with Containers)
- [brucej] FM containerization is in progress - 6 reviews out, 2 have merged. Horizon and fix to an NFV bug not yet posted
- Action: Frank to make a submission proposal on the above 4 stories that won't make it by June 14 >> what code is allowed in master before RC1? Don't want code that would invalidate testing already done
- Containerization of clients/fault can be deferred to R3 as the services would continue to run on the host
- CPU Manager Static Policy is an enhancement ...can be deferred to R3 as well
- Only Backup & Restore with containers will introduce a "reduction" in functionality relative to stx.1.0 - Swag completion: End of July
- Brent (containers TL) agreed with decision to defer above content.
- Integrate Containerized OVS - Prime: Forrest
- Code Merge: April 5 (first merge) >> June 7
Remaining items: June 7
- Build a docker image with ovs 2.11 instead of using the default ovs container which has 2.8
- Anisble Deployment - Prime: Dariush
- Code Merge: May 17 >> June 7; move has no impact on testing
Remaining items: June 7
- SDK - code in, but need some packaging
- Openstack Patch Elimination - Prime: Bruce
- Code Merge: ?? 99% complete. We are running Stein/stable from May 5th. We might rebase to the latest - TBD. There is a bit of work left to do on the Test team.
- We have a few work items still outstanding. The main one is to integrate the separate Placement service. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1827692 and https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005750.
- Gating Items before declaring the feature done:
- Update to use the external Placement service (instead of the embedded code in nova) -- Fcst: ?? (scoping in progress)
- This is required to enable future updates
- NUMA-Aware Live Migration Feature: The code is ready, but there are generic failrues in zuul. Gerry cannot look at those until after June 14.
- This can be re-assigned to someone else. Action: Bruce to discuss with Dean.
- Rebase to latest stein. Action: Dean to make recommendation
- Openstack Rebase - Prime: Frank
- Code Merge: June 6 >> May 31 (likely sooner)
- Point horizon and openstackclient to stein instead of master. Done on May 22
- Remove neutron fork >> in progress. Expect to be done next week (May 31)
- Remove gnocchi fork >> Done
- Point image builds to opendev instead of github >> in progress. Review is up. Expect to be done this week (May 24)
- anything else?
- stx.2.0 Test Updates for Feature Test Complete
- CentOS upgrade to 7.6 - qat driver Upversion - Prime: Ada
- Feature Tested: May 24 >> May 31 (ok)
- (ac) Deployment in progress, to be completed on May 31
- Ceph Upgrade - Prime: Numan
- Feature Tested: May 29 >> June 7 (ok)
- (ac) Got a deployment working with May 21 ISO. To be completed on June 7
- Containerized Openstack services - Prime: Ada/Numan
- Feature Tested: July 5 >> ??
- (ac) Testing re-started. End date under revision, looks like we have a delay of 3 weeks due to the build stability. Ada looking at alternatives to mitigate delay.
- Integrate Containerized OVS - Prime: Ada
- Feature Tested: May 3 >> Jun 14 (ok)
- (ac) docker ovs 2.11 + 1 week
- Anisble Deployment - Prime: Numan/Ada
- Feature Tested: May 24 >> May 31 (Ada confirmed that they are on track so that config_controller can be disabled by May 31)
- (ac) SX, DX and standard configs working with proxy environment - a patch for fixing standard and external storage has been submitted. External storage pending of testing. Working on automation.
- Openstack Patch Elimination - Prime: Numan/Ada
- Feature Tested: July 5 >> ??
- (ac) In progress.
- OVS-DPDK Integration Enhancements - Prime: Ada
- Feature Tested: May 24 >> Jun 7 (ok)
- (ac) To be done on June 7.
- stx.2.0 Summary
- Openstack Patch Reduction has no concrete MS-3 yet -- need scoping of nova placement item
- Feature Test of Containers -- Ada working on mitigation for load stability delays. A push of 3wks would risk other test activities
- Release Backend Testing -- not flagging risk, but want to evaluate the impacts of the Feature test re-forecasts
- Next step is to start to look at content -- both bottom up (sub-project treams) and top down (TSC priorities)
- Start by identifying primes for the items discussed in the ptg
- Need teams to secure their resourcing for stx.2.0 first
More information about the Starlingx-discuss