[Starlingx-discuss] [ Test ] meeting minutes - 05/28/19
ada.cabrales at intel.com
Tue May 28 22:15:51 UTC 2019
Agenda for 05/28
Attendees: Bruce, Al, Cristopher, Don, Elio, Fernando, JC, Jose, JP, Maria P, Tee, Richo
1. Migration to Ansible progress - Jose
- Changes required on the automation suite are done, now hitting issues with the deployment itself.
- A fix expected to be in the ISO for tomorrow.
- Cristopher to run a manual install to check workarounds and send the results.
- Manual workaround for: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1830319
- and this one is already merged (~1hour ago) https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1830085
+ JC to set a zoom session with Tee in order to work on the proxy install (virtual environment).
- From now on, Sanity reports will be run using ansible. --force is already disabled.
- Sanity reports will resume tomorrow.
- Ask Mingyuan to update the instructions for setting up with docker proxy.
- LP - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1830436
- No new issues found on WindRiver labs.
- More issues _might_ come once we perform more testing, and covering more scenarios.
- However, setting all our labs would give a good coverage. Remote bootstrap must be integrated into testing.
2. Regression test code in the open - high level plan - Numan
- Phase 1 - automation framework + keywords + readme - Jun 14
- Phase 2 - Sanity and nightly regression test cases - Jun 21
- Phase 3 - Test cases from different domains - Jul 26
+ Starting for nova, networking and storage
- For the first batch, as it will be a lot of code uploaded, the suggestion is to review it but keep a light hand on it.
+ Jose, JC and Elio to work on this.
3. Quick update on feature testing progress - All
- OVS feature testing - having problems with duplex bare metal. Will begin with firewall testing. Will review QoS because pinging from instance to instance is not working. Will run pmon testing in parallel.
- please upload the test plan to the google drive.
- OVS as containerized service - test plan uploaded. Not started yet.
- Ceph testing - changed to 05/21 ISO - had problems with setup due to a mistaken IP. After solving that, deployment worked. When setting up the atom servers, used ansible and faced some issues too. Launchpads updated. Setting it up with --force. After this, will request help to accelerate the execution. Getting help and information on test cases. Will update them afterwards.
- Openstack patch elimination - got help on how to enable SRIOV and PT.
+ Can WindRiver help on command lines for this? Yes - send an email with the request.
+ Virtual Ports must be correctly configured.
- By the time Numan's team is progressing on this space, more and more test cases have been identified as 'update required'. Working on that.
- QAT - working closely with China team. 2+2 config is up and running. Getting errors when creating a VM following instructions from China team. Will setup a meeting to work on this online. Focus on this.
- Containers - around 4 test cases created. Maria helping on executing the tests cases created.
+ Platform side - almost done with the test plan. Nimalini working on it.
+ Numan to update the spreadsheet - Containers team is asking for updates. Ada to consolidate info.
4. Opens - All
- Ada - Regression tests revision - will happen during this week and next one. Also, tests for final regression will be identified.
- Core reviewers reduced - currently on the list
+ Jose, JC, Elio, Yang and Yosief.
- Elio - 392 tests automated, 8 missing. These will be ready before regression begins.
More information about the Starlingx-discuss