[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (Nov 13, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Nov 13 16:24:20 UTC 2019

>From today's call...

- Gerrit reviews that need attention
    - Saul: PSA / review request - feature branches set up for the CentOS 8 work that's beginning
        - CentOS 8 was released in October, our plan is to get it in in stx.4.0; work starting now in the side branches
        - Saul's mail: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-November/006895.html
        - the reviews: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open++branch:f/centos8+topic:centos8
    - Reviews to enable train images to build
        - Need review by Saul (+2/W+1) - done!
        - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693949/
        - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693938/
        - this is per http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-November/006921.html
            - 2 issues - failure to build the wheels tarball and failure due to Train updates
            - Don has sorted these out, per the reviews just above
            - Zhipeng to provide a root cause analysis for next week's call

- sanity - any reds since last call?
    - yes, several
    - Docker image builds are failing after train upgrade patches merged on Nov 12
        - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1851533 (platform-integ-apps apply failed - tiller on Crash)
        - related to tiller - Bob looking at workaround, pulling this out - potential side effects?

- any unanswered calls for assistance on the mailing list
    - Chiing-Ting Huang: sriov-network-device container issue http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-November/006850.html
        - Don will send an update on the mailing list
    - Philip Wang: How to configure compute note PTP as Master http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-November/006848.html
        - per Brent, this isn't supported, Bill to send a response to Philip

- Wecome to JITStack
        - Cherish Cao & Linda Jia - welcome!

- Sai Chandu / Pavan (Calsoft): AIO-SX with OpenStack
        - We are ready with StarlingX all-in-one simplex edgex with Openstack.  We will share latest images and doc.
        - Earlier we shared without open stack , now we are ready with Openstack.
        - Kris: has started discussion with Scott about hosting these files on CENGN
            - Scott/Saul - would make sense to get CENGN to build these post-release

- stx.3.0 Update
    - Milestone-3 to be declared this week once issues above related to train are addressed. Other features are done or wrapping up testing.
        - Feature Testing is at 100% execution
        - Regression Testing is at 44% execution
            - Need community to focus on scrubbing and addressing bugs. Request PLs/TLs to start driving the backlog down.
              - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.3.0
              - Current count is high at 89  -- 21 are critical/high (a fair # of CVEs which are only visible to the security team
        - Current date for creating the RC1 branch is Nov 20
              - Is this too early?  Should we hold off until the bug backlog is reduced?
              - Agreed to push RC1 branch creation to Nov 25 for now

Open AR Updates

- Oct 23, 2019 -- Bill -- CalSoft Image - Bill to raise AR to find a long term home for this
        - Nov 13: will look at the possibility of storing this at CENGN once we get the "big files" capability - consider the questions that Scott has about this e.g. retention policy

- Oct 9, 2019 -- Frank -- see if the CENGN access can be opened up to other folks besides Scott & Don so we've got more options to get stuff like this done
        - Nov 13: Saul & Bin Yang are being added - Build team will discuss the timing.

- Sep 11, 2019 -- Bruce -- identify the feature documentation gaps
        - Nov 13: Kris - let's leave it here for now, will update in next week's meeting

- July 31, 2019 -- Ada/Yang -- combine sanity runs/reports
        - Nov 13: per Ada, still working through some issues with Pytest, will set a new date this week

- June 26, 2019 -- Yang -- arrange an automation framework info session for the Community
        - Nov 13: per Ada, this will be addressed once they sort out the Pytest issues (per last AR)

- May 8, 2019 -- Frank -- follow up with CENGN on storage for really large files for reference in Launchpads
        - Nov 13: CENGN had to delay setting this up - plan is for this to be setup next week and a small trial with a few people will be done before opening this up to the community.