[Starlingx-discuss] [docs][meetings] docs team status 2019-11-27

Dale, Kristal kristal.dale at intel.com
Wed Nov 27 18:29:56 UTC 2019

Hello All,

I am cancelling today's STX docs meeting due to conflicts.

If anyone has any questions, topics to discuss, or concerns, please contact me directly.

A two quick notes:

  1.  We still need help with the following R3 documentation topics:
*         Certificate Configuration & Management -- https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006866
*         System Config Guide -- https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006862
o    Topics:
?  DNS Servers, task 37502
?  OAM Firewall, task 37504
--> If anyone can contribute technical content for these topics, please let me know! The docs team will gladly do the reST/formatting work, if we can get the technical content from an expert!

  1.  If there is a topic that is important for the upcoming R3 release that is not included in our current target content list (https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-r3-target-content) please let us know what that topic is, and who can provide the needed content. We'll do our best to get it in for R3!

And lastly, weekly docs status is below.

As always, join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

*  Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
*  Our tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

Best,
Kris

Current agenda and notes

2019-11-27

  *   All -- reviews in progress and recent merges --
?  8 merged since last week
?  6 open:
*         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/696201/ - Ansible new OpenID Connect config info
*         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/696198/ - Ansible updated Docker registry info
*         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/695811/ - TSN guide - in editorial review (Mary)
*         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/695627/ - Move to new version of STX guide - in editorial review (Kris)
*         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/ - First draft STX in a box, needs review (Abraham). Needs hosting of image confirmed.
*         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693761/ - depends on failed change (TBD)

  *   Abraham and all -- bug status -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs

  *   Kris -- Releases
?  R2.0.2 EOY - Will require release notes (no impact to R3)
?  R3.0 - Target release in early Dec
*         The current plan is to create the stx.3.0 release branch (r/stx.3.0) on Nov 28.
*         R3 Stories:  http s://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?tags=stx.docs&tags=stx.3.0
*         R3: Target content for release: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-r3-target-content
o    What is the status on
?  Kubernetes Cluster Guide (Greg?)
?  CLI Ref - Kris will start Monday
*         Requested community help - still needed!

  *   STX in a box: (https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006622)
?  Draft in review https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/
?  Hosting qcow2 images: Provided initial answers to Scott Little (see previous meeting notes). Scott/Saul continuing convo offline.

  *   Misc:
?  (new) Upgrade STX doc - Zhipeng Liu.
*         Request from community meeting to not call it "Upgrade" but instead to use "up-version" or "up-rev" - Thoughts? What about "migrate" or "update"? "How to move to a different version of StarlingX"
?  http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-November/006813.html
*         This may impact all general install instructions (making sure versions align across all needed files/packages)
?  Possible guide for deploying on packet.com? (AR: Greg will explore this - Abraham will help)
*         https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Packet_SIG
*         Explore this as content for a new guide