[Starlingx-discuss] Full process to update/add documentation pages (gerrit review push issue)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 12 23:14:52 UTC 2019

On 2019-09-12 16:15:16 +0200 (+0200), Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source) wrote:
[...]
> git review -t "initial creation Doc page Navigate Git Code story/2005184"
[...]
> error: src refspec creation does not match any.
> error: src refspec Doc does not match any.
> error: src refspec page does not match any.
> error: src refspec Navigate does not match any.
> error: src refspec Git does not match any.
> error: src refspec Code does not match any.
> error: src refspec story/2005184 does not match any.
[...]

I know it's been worked around and discussed in other replies
already, but just to follow up I'm trying to work out whether spaces
in change topics should be supported. I'd never tried it before, and
indeed all the documentation (including Gerrit's own) has no
examples of setting a topic with a space in it via git push (what
git review is using behind the scenes there). Gerrit *does* let you
set change topics with spaces in them through its WebUI, but I can't
figure out any viable quoting or encoding solution to create them on
push. At best, we should probably trap for such attempts in the
git-review option parser and return a sensible error message, so
thanks for bringing this to light. I'll get some solution for this
into the next release so it hopefully doesn't bite anyone else.
--
Jeremy Stanley