[Starlingx-discuss] BUG "After stopping vswitch service no alarm is generated Edit"

Peters, Matt Matt.Peters at windriver.com
Mon Sep 16 12:33:20 UTC 2019

+Bart

From: "Yu, Weifei" <weifei.yu at intel.com>
Date: Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7:28 AM
To: "Bailey, Henry Albert (Al)" <Al.Bailey at windriver.com>, "Liu, Tao" <Tao.Liu at windriver.com>, "Peters, Matt" <Matt.Peters at windriver.com>
Cc: "Xu, Chenjie" <chenjie.xu at intel.com>, "starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io" <starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>, Ghada Khalil <Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com>
Subject: [Starlingx-discuss] BUG "After stopping vswitch service no alarm is generated Edit"

Hi  All,

After investigating the cause, I find if the file(at /var/run/.disable_worker_services) exists, then the process monitor will ignore these process that the subfunction type is worker.

I have several questions about this bug.

·         Why is the file(disable_worker_services) always generated?  When will it be deleted?

·         What is the difference between worker type and last-config type?  (the type of subfunction)

·         Can I use last-config type instead of worker type?  (These two are very similar)
I would be grateful if you can give me some advice.

The detail as below:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1838432

B&R
weifei