[Starlingx-discuss] openSUSE: High Availability Installation Update

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Wed Sep 25 15:48:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

Please find a preliminary update [0] of our journey to install the created "high availability" packages from our openSUSE StarlingX project space [1].
These procedure will be repeated once the packages are generated using the non-yet merged StarlingX HA Upstream Specfiles [2].
In summary:

The following packages were successfully installed, no missing zypper or python dependencies:
- sm-common
- libsm-db1
- sm

The following packages were successfully installed after additional zypper and/or python packages were installed, work in progress to add them into their respective specfile:
- sm-tools
- sm-client
- sm-api

You will find in the guide:

1. The openSUSE based Vagrant image
2. The installation of the packages and package binaries execution
3. Output for both installation and package binaries execution

[0] https://github.com/xe1gyq/starlingx/blob/master/multios/opensuse_ha_install.md
[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/Cloud:StarlingX:2.0
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/679686/