[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-04-15

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Thu Apr 16 02:26:13 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes.
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  *   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  *   Our tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
2020-04-15
*        All -- reviews merged since last week:  3
*        All -- bug status -- 3 total

  *   [new bug last week] Backup & restore procedure info, new doc content https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1871065
*        All -- R4 target content: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&tags=stx.4.0&project_id=1046

  *   Upgrade Kubernetes version -- Review available: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/712583/  AR Mary to update review with latest feedback.

  *   no update: Assignment of R4 doc tasks
*        All -- Opens

  *   WIP: Docker proxy setup Priority 1 task
?  First review merged (1 R3 install guide):  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/718298/
?  New review (7 R3 install guides): https://review.opendev.org/#/c/720252/
?  AR Mary update patchset to add pointer to new docker proxy page at the next-higher-level of install guides (similar to the IPv4 note, 1 per Rx folder, see https://review.opendev.org/#/c/718302/)

  *   Brucej -- let's discuss Ildiko's email, esp. network documentation (STX feedback):  http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-March/008088.html
?  AR Greg to make a doc story - ask for help from networking team. We need overview of how to configure networking in STX.
?  Mapping between STX networking, how we differ from OpenStack behavior, then point to OpenStack for more details.
?  "The way how OpenStack networking was propagated over data networks turned out to be very problematic and caused hitting the wall a few times. In details you have to configure data networks over the platform management components, but then you have to set VLAN's you are going to use over data networks on the OpenStack side. This was not documented anywhere."

  *   Reviews in progress:
?  STX IPv6 deployment   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/718302/