[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (August 26, 2020)

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Wed Aug 26 19:40:41 UTC 2020

Summary of Docker Hub changes to their terms of service.  We use 'free'
accounts so far.

Image retention policy
- Inactive images are those that have not been pushed or pulled for 6
months.
- Inactive images will be deleted from 'free' accounts.  'Pro', 'Team'
and 'Verified Publishers' accounts are exempt.
- Enforcement starts Nov 1, 2020.
- An email notice will precede the deletion  (By how long?)
- They promise a dashboard to show image age... so far I only see push
age, not pull age.

Repositories at risk ... we don't update these regularly ... are these
all obsolete ?
- starlingx/stx-magnum ... unused in master
- starlingx/multis ... unused in master
- starlingx/ceph-config-helper... still used ... should be ok if it gets
pulled regularly.
- starlingx/stx-ceph-config-helper ... replaced by, or intended to
replace, ceph-config-helper?
- starlingx/nova-api-proxy ... replaced by stx-nova-api-proxy

Images at risk
1) 'dev' images (as opposed to 'stable')  , ok to delete
2) old feature branch images (stein, ussuri) , ok to delete
3) rc-2.0 ... we only support two most recent releases (3.0, 4.0), ok to
delete
4) rc-3.0 ... should be ok if it gets pulled regularly.

Rate limits on pulling images
- Anonymous pull - 100/6 hrs - based on puller ip addr ... this may be
an issue for some test scenarios... PV labs ?
- Authenticated Free user - 200/6hrs - limit is based on puller account,
not publisher account

Scott