[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (Dec 16, 2020)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Dec 16 15:39:16 UTC 2020

>From today's meeting, below.

We'll have our next meeting on Jan 6, 2021 - see you next year!

Bill...

* Standing Topics

      * Sanity
            * per Scott, there was one issue w/ build tools, fixed now, and also some intermittent issues w/ the DNS resolver (Google's) - Scott will try to provide some DNS redundancy to address the 2nd issue

      * Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
            * rook features
                 https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22ceph+containerization%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)
                 config/ha/puppet/ansible-playbook/metal/openstack-armada-application

* Topics for this Week

      * Outreachy internship program: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-December/010344.html
            * find more information about the program and timeline here: https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/
            * questions can be posted to the mailing list, and both Ildiko & Saul have some knowledge of the program

      * Next meeting: Jan 6?
            * agreed that we'll cancel the next 2 meetings and reconvene on Jan 6, 2021

* ARs from Previous Meetings
      * Bill re: getting a Docker Hub pro account - will follow up with Scott on details

* Open Requests for Help

      * CNI Chaining
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-December/010377.html
            * Bill will talk to Matt & respond

      * Openstack application can not be deployed on some compute nodes.
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-December/010378.html
            * Bill will respond that stx.2.0 is EOL
               * https://docs.starlingx.io/releasenotes/index.html#release-notes

* Build Matters (if required)