[Starlingx-discuss] PBR Status Check

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 22 18:14:10 UTC 2020

Hi All & Welcome Wesley,

We have a new community member from JitStack starting to look at the PBR
work, here is some background for him.

The PBR work was proposed via the StarlingX Feature Specification
process, see the Flock Versioning specification [0], this is based on
the OpenStack Python Build Reasonableness [1] and Semantic Versioning
(SemVer) [2] definition.

One of the issues that we are trying to resolve is the impact of the
proposed change from Bin Yang to the time it takes to build a single
package with PBR before and after the change. Ideally this would be done
multiple times and provide the average along with the deviation.
This in an important part of the project in order for us to move forward.

Look forward to working with you.

Sau!

[0]
https://docs.starlingx.io/specs/specs/stx-3.0/approved/standardize_flock_versioning.html