[Starlingx-discuss] Updated Manifest repo for r/stx.4.0 - Please review & fire 4.0-rc build

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 14 13:49:30 UTC 2020

Scott, Davlet:

In the learning and doing of the branch/tag process last week, I missed
updating the manifest repo correctly for the r/stx.4.0, that involved
changing the default revision to use the r/stx.4.0 branch.  This means
that our current 4.0-rc is actually still building master and not the
branched code.

Can you guys review [0] and when it merges re-fire the 4.0 builds
(monolithic and layered).

I went back and reviewed the 2 sets of scripts, I had recalled after the
fact that one set did handle creating a manifest, but when I reviewed it
creates a hash based manifest which is not what we want either. So I
believe we need a story to correctly create a manifest for both the
branch and for when we create release tags for that branch which will be
different. I have created a new story [1] for these tasks.

We should also choose 1 set of branching/tagging scripts so the next
person that handles this can know which tools to use.

[0] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/740834/
[1] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2007926

Sau!