[Starlingx-discuss] Updated Manifest repo for r/stx.4.0 - Please review & fire 4.0-rc build

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 14 19:26:08 UTC 2020

On 7/14/20 10:26 AM, Khalil, Ghada wrote:
> Hi Saul,
> Can you clarify the impact of this omission of the content of the r/stx.4.0 branch to date? Once the manifest is updated, will the commits that were being picked up from master (commits which merged after the July 8 1:30am build) in the stx.4.0 rc builds not be picked up anymore?

Not sure I understand what your asking, I don't think we offically
opened the 4.0 branch. If anything has merged we should be able to
determine based on what merged after all the .gitreview changes went in.

Nothing from master will be in the r/stx.4.0 branch unless explicitly
cherry-picked.

> BTW, the review below appears to be on the wrong branch. It should be on r/stx.4.0 not master.

OK, I found the root cause, PECAK [0].  Since I ended up creating the
initial manifest r/stx.4.0 branch manually, I forgot to add the
.gitreview change to update the .gitreview file. This then caused my
update to fix the manifest to default to master by mistake.  I have
reverted the master change so that needs to be +2/+W.  I have the
.gitreivew pending once that is merged I can then merge my actual
manifest fix for r/stx.4.0.

I have already filed a story to make this part of the actual release
scripts, so this should not be a problem in the future.

Sau!

[0] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/PEBCAK