[Starlingx-discuss] networking across pods / OpenStack VMs

Dejan Muhamedagic dejan.muhamedagic at tttech-industrial.com
Mon May 11 09:59:15 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Thu, 2020-04-30 at 17:36 +0000, Jones, Bruce E wrote:
> I have a question from a potential user for the Networking team.  Is
> it possible in stx.3.0 to connect applications running in K8S pods to
> apps running in VMs under OpenStack?  If so, how?

We deployed ovs-cni (https://github.com/kubevirt/ovs-cni) and it
enabled the connectivity between the VMs (which are connected to the
OVS bridges) and the kubernetes pods. The connections are through one
data physical interface. Openstack is unaware, however, of this and
cannot provide address management, so the pods are configured with
static IP addresses. ovs-cni itself has no IPAM implemented either.

Cheers,

Dejan