[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (April 7, 2021)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Apr 7 14:49:11 UTC 2021

>From today's meeting:

* Standing Topics

    * Build/Sanity

        * similar to previous weeks, but now there's a 3rd Launchpad on the list:
            * from http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-April/011140.html
                * The Setup and Provision are PASSING.
                * The daily sanity is FAILING on all configurations for test: test_reapply_openstack, but openstack commands are working correctly.
                * This might be related to bugs:
                    * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1917308
                    * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1918420
                    * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1922719
                        * per Frank, all 3 of these bugs should be resolved today, so we should not see them in the next sanity (notwithstanding some issue with repo sync that's currently being seen)

    * Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
        * https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/openstack-armada-app/+/768388, several +1 already , need 2 +2,
        * https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/utilities/+/783128 stx-ceph-manager docker image build , need another +2.

* Topics for this Week

    * stx.5.0

        * gating bugs
            * etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-gating-bugs
            * list of all critical/high launchpads:
                * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.importance%3Alist=CRITICAL&field.importance%3Alist=HIGH&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.structural_subscriber=&field.tag=stx.5.0&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.has_cve.used=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.affects_me.used=&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_branches.used=&field.has_branches=on&field.has_no_branches.used=&field.has_no_branches=on&field.has_blueprints.used=&field.has_blueprints=on&field.has_no_blueprints.used=&field.has_no_blueprints=on
        * anything else for stx.5.0?

    * container image list
        * per Nic, 2 sources for the Sanity team
            * helm charts
            * CENGN mirror http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/master/centos/
        * Bill will open a discussion on the mailing list on this topic

* ARs from Previous Meetings
    *

* Open Requests for Help

    * [Sanath Kumar]
          * 1. Once the Setup and Provisioning are done we will get Controller-0. (Installing StarlingX)
              * After Provisioning Step If I run the command ping www.google.in, I will get the error message as ping: www.google.in: Name or service not known.
              * After this step, if I do sudo reboot, everything will be normal and I will be able to ping: www.google.in. But Controller-0 will be destroyed when we reboot in the server.
              * I need to do the Setup and Provisioning step once again to install controller-0, but if I give ping www.google.in, I will get the error message as ping: www.google.in: Name or service not known as it was before.
              * Can you please let me know what can be done so that I can overcome this issue?
                  * there were no comments in the community call other than possibly a networking issue
          * 2. When we install StarlingX, It creates a VM (controller-0), which will be CentOS-7 by default. Is there any way where I can make Controller-0 to some other Operating System or Upgrade CentOS-7 to a higher version?
                  * can't change the host OS

    * Securing the traffic between Central cloud and edge cloud
        * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-April/011122.html
            * no comments on the community call other than possibly a networking question

    * Preparation of storage server
        * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-April/011125.html
            * refer to the Storage Guide in the docs

    * Deploying controller-1 and N number of worker nodes
        * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-April/011126.html
            * Nic will respond to this

* Build Matters (if required)
    * nothing this week