[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 07-Apr-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Apr 7 20:23:59 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
07-Apr-21
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  5

All -- bug status -- 17 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
13 LP are WIP against API documentation, which is generated from source code (low priority). Those reviews are here: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/config
New on 10Feb21: Documentation needs to be updated for LAG and VLAN type interfaces [https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1915285]

Status/questions/opens

R5 update: Repos will be tagged & branched for RC1 at the end of next week. That means any reviews that are merged & need to part of R5 need to be cherry-picked.
   Let's review the Features list above for status.

Looking for team input on these questions:
    How can we improve our doc review process to avoid overwriting another writer's changes when merge conflicts happen?
    Are there ways we can tag the content (maybe by using comments) to identify who added it/when?
    Can we trace back the owner of the file change that is causing the merge conflict to follow up with them?
There probably isn't a perfect solution but we're looking for ways to buffer and mitigate the risks.
The team agrees that there have been a lot of large reviews lately (delta/gap content) which will not be typical in the future.
Our goal is to submit small reviews and get them merged quickly, this will help avoid merge conflicts.

Adding validation/test folks to reviews is perfectly fine, instead of opening a Launchpad.

Using Stories to track features and doc updates
Examples:
    Integrate Secure Device onboarding into STX: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2008117
    SNMPv3 updates:  https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2008132